Job Title: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Scope and General Purpose: The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
The Assistant Manager reports to the Restaurant Manager and Food and Beverage Director.
Overview: Set among 25 acres of lavender fields, enormous cottonwood trees and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest. Each of our lines of business place customer experience on the forefront of our mission in preservation and sustainability. We are dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience where we strive to consistently exceed expectations.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interview hourly employees.
- Direct hiring, supervision, and development of employees
- Oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in daily restaurant activities.
- Keeps Restaurant promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
- Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with policies and procedures.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A minimum of (5) years of experience working in a fine dining establishment
- A minimum of (2) years of experience working as a manager
- Completion of Serve Safe
- Valid Alcohol Servers Permit
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills required
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm to resolve problems using good judgment
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities