Job Title: Groundskeeper
Salary: Starting at $9 per hour
Overview: Los Poblanos is looking for a reliable and organized groundskeeper. If you enjoy being outdoors, keeping patios and gardens tidy and presentable, as well as troubleshooting minor maintenance issues, this is the perfect job for you! Groundskeepers at Los Poblanos are integral to the guest experience – a first impression is everything! To succeed at (and enjoy) grounds maintenance, you need to observe safety procedures, and have the stamina for physically demanding work.
Primary Job Functions:
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner
- Sweep and maintain guest patios, courtyards and portals
- Wipe off patio chairs and tables
- Skim pools, remove leaves, set up pool umbrellas and furniture
- Clean and reset wood-burning fireplaces in guest rooms and public areas
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas
- Gather and remove litter from parking lots and exteriors
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters and other grounds features.
- Report on daily activities
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure maintenance requests throughout the property are met
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions and/or short correspondence, having excellent verbal communications
- Self-motivated and personally driven for excellence in all areas of his or her job
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Previous experience in landscaping or maintenance in a hotel setting