Job Title: Bellman
Salary: Starting at $9 per hour + tips
Overview: Set among 25 acres of lavender fields, enormous cottonwood trees and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest. Each of our lines of business place customer experience on the forefront of our mission in preservation and sustainability. We are dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience where we strive to consistently exceed expectations.
Los Poblanos is looking for a reliable and motivated Bellman to welcome our guests to our property in a friendly and courteous manner at all times.
Primary Job Functions:
- Act as an ambassador for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival, quickly and appropriately fulfill guest requests, approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Assisting with general guest service tasks such as delivering items to guest rooms, responding to guest requests, and addressing lost and found issues as required.
- Escorting guests to their room while providing a property tour and brief history overview.
- Maintain inventory, cleanliness, and maintenance of guest bicycles.
- Maintain cleanliness and appearance of pool area & fitness center.
- Assist with the set-up of special events and workshops hosted by the Inn.
- Oversee and take care of guest arrivals, and departures, focusing on luggage delivery and pickup.
- Maintaining a level of security on the property by ensuring appropriate lights are on, locking doors and responding to emergencies.
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner.
- May be required to assist additional departments within when needed such as housekeeping.
- Completion of High School Diploma
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills
- Previous experience in hospitality or customer service
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write complex instructions and/or short correspondence and memos, having excellent verbal communications.
- Ability to move throughout the Los Poblanos property (will include standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- To perform the essential functions of this position, regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Alcohol servers license
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Interest in sustainability, food and New Mexico culture