Our mission is to cultivate a conservation ethic by preserving the agricultural fields, formal gardens, art and architecture of Los Poblanos through sustainable practices. We perpetuate the agricultural history by maintaining an active organic farm which provides produce to a local CSA and cultivating lavender and honey bees. The original residence now serves as an award winning small inn; and the cultural center operates as it was originally intended – hosting meetings, parties, educational and cultural events.
Our Green Team of employees is continually researching ways to reduce our environmental impact in every department of the hotel, a mission that is supported at the highest levels. We take great comfort in knowing that every step we take helps to preserve a cultural institution, city, and environment we treasure for future generations.
The majority of our guests favor a non-smoking environment. The only way to provide this experience is to not allow smoking within and around the Inn and La Quinta. We do provide designated smoking areas outside the building to accommodate the needs of guests who smoke. Complying with the smoke-free policy reinforces our commitment to being an environmentally friendly company.
- Recycling cardboard, plastic, glass, aluminum, and paper. Recycling bins are conveniently located throughout the property.
- Implementing water-saving measures, including guest towels and linens changed by request, and restaurant water served by request.
- Installation of low-flow toilets and shower heads.
- Installation of energy-efficient, double pane guest room windows in new guest rooms.
- Reducing paper consumption, relying on email and message boards, as well as washable cloth napkins, towels, and tablecloths.
- Recycling computer equipment and fluorescent bulbs.
- Using recycled materials in note pads, brochures, flyers, and other necessary hotel collateral.
- Minimal use of biodegradable and eco-friendly, recycled takeout containers for food and beverage operations.
- Reducing electricity demand by using energy-saving light bulbs and flat-screen televisions.
- Upgraded guest room insulation.
- Using low-VOC paints, and environmentally friendly cleaning products.
- Donating lightly used soft goods and amenities to local charities.
- Sourcing food locally at our restaurants and catering operations.
- Restaurant cooking oil is donated for recycling to bio diesel.